5 Best Homemade Valentines Dog Treats
It’s that time of the year again when we dedicate a whole day to the one we love most, and in our case that’s our dogs!! Even though we spoil our fur babies with love everyday, we thought an extra special Valentine’s treat would really get their tails wagging. Below are 5 of the best homemade dog treat recipes for you to delve into and spread the Valentine’s Day doggy luvreee!! Happy Baking :-)
1- Cranberry Hearts
Grain free, 5 healthy ingredients and let’s not forget absolutely delicious!
2 Free Range Eggs
1 and 1/2 Cups Almond Flour
1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil
3-4 Tablespoons of Coconut Flour
1/2 Cup Dried Cranberries
• Preheat oven to 165°C.
• Beat 2 eggs and set aside.
• Combine your almond flour, coconut oil and dried cranberries together in a bowl.
• Once combined, pour in the eggs and mix together with your hands. The dough will be very wet.
• Begin adding in your coconut flour one TBSP at a time, mixing in each one after added. You want to achieve a consistency that is easy to roll and not super sticky. This will require between 3-4 TBSP depending on your brand of flour and size of your eggs. The dough should easily form a ball.
• Rollout your dough and cut out the treats using bite sized cookie cutters. Hearts are perfect for Valentine’s Day. Tip: Sprinkle a little coconut flour on top of your dough to keep it from sticking to the cookie cutters.
• Place your treats on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake in the oven for 15-18 minutes or until crisp.
• Makes approx. 20 treats (dependant on size of cutter). Let cool before giving to your pooch – Enjoy!
2- Soft Red Velvet Pupcakes
No artificial colours, super soft and simple to make!
1 cup self-rising flour
1 cup beets, pureed
baking spray (if desired)
8.8 ounces (250 g) (low-fat) cream cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350⁰F (180⁰C)
- Mix the egg, flour, and pureed beets
- If desired spray the baking spray in the cupcake cups (the pupcakes can be a bit sticky). Divide the mixture among the cupcake cups. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Take the pupcakes out of the oven and let them cool down
- To ice the pupcakes use the cream cheese and fill a pastry bag and pipe onto the pupcakes. Don’t put it on your pupcakes before they’re completely cooled down!
recipe - dauchundsunited.com
3- Cran-Pumpkin Peanut Butter Oatmeal Treats
A mouth full to say but a breeze to bake!
1 1/2 cups of whole wheat flour
1 1/2 cups of Oatmeal flour (simply place 1 1/2 cups of regular oatmeal in the food processor and grind till fine)
1/2 – 1 cup of dried cranberries
1 cup of pure packed pumpkin
2 large eggs
1/2 cup peanut butter of your choice
1/2 – 1 cup of dried cranberries. DO NOT USE RAISINS instead…they are on the DOG POISON LIST!!!
1 tablespoon of organic brown sugar (optional) it just adds a little touch of sweetness
- Pre heat your oven to 350 degrees F
- Use a standing mixer and crack your two eggs into the mixing bowl and beat for about 1 minute
- Add the packed pumpkin and mix for a minute and then add your peanut butter and beat till everything is nice and creamy.
- Slowly add your flours and the dried cranberries until you get a nice thick, not too sticky, not too dry dough but one that is perfect for rolling.
- If the dough is a bit sticky just add a touch more flour and if it is too dry a little bit more peanut butter or a little bit of milk.
- Flour your work area and take the dough out of the bowl and put it on the floured surface.
- Cut in half…and roll the dough to approximately 1/4″ thickness and then cut away with your favourite cookie cutter!
- Gather the scraps and roll them out and start cutting out shapes till all the dough is used.
- Line 2 cookie trays with parchment paper and load them up with the treats. You can place close together since they do not rise.
- Bake in a 350 oven for 30 minutes…depending on your oven a few minutes more or less. We made them crunchy and it took exactly 33 minutes.
- Let cool and then let the pups at them…you will be getting tons of kisses with this homemade batch of doggy baked goodness!
4- Frozen Strawberry Smoothie
Only two ingredients, a treat that can help whiten your dogs teeth and one you can both enjoy!
- Remove the stems from the strawberries and rinse.
- Peel the banana and cut into three pieces.
- Put the banana and strawberries into a blender
- Blend until the consistency is smooth and free of any fruit chunks.
- Pour the smoothie mixture into a heart shaped ice cube tray.
- Freeze for a 3 hours.
recipe - irresistiblepets.net
5- Doggy Doughnuts
Natural, healthy and full of homemade love!
½ cup almond milk
2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
½ tsp. pure vanilla extract
¼ cup pure maple syrup
¼ cup oil
2 cups flour
½ tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking powder
1 cup raspberries, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix almond milk, vinegar, vanilla, maple syrup, and oil in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Pour dry ingredients into wet, and stir until combined and smooth.
- Fold in chopped raspberries.
- Poor into greased donut pan. If you don’t have a donut pan, you can bake in mini muffin pans.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until fluffy and lightly browned. Time may vary depending on your pan.
Shop our store for 14% off the pawfect Valentine's gift.
The above recipes are for treat purposes only. Do not substitute these dog treats for your dogs daily nutritional meal plans.
Paws with Opulence